Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How to Make a Sign and Where to Hang it

How to make a hanging banner sign:
1. Find some fabric remnant that you bought 6 months ago and never used for its original purpose.
2. Guesstimate the size of the space in which you are planning to hang said banner (its better to actually measure, but if your like me thats not an option at 8:47 at night). Cut fabric accordingly and serge (or hem seams however you see fit).
3. Go to you computer where all your marketing info is kept (hopefully in the same 'file'). In my case I used my avatar and the same font as my hang tags / clothing tags. Open said file in MS Publisher - crop to chosen size and save as new file. OK here's where I messed up - since we are printing on Iron On (T-Shirt making stuff) - be sure that when you say "file print" you go into the "print properties" and change the orientation to MIRROR IMAGE. This is important because otherwise you'll iron it on and the entire thing will be BACKWARDS!!! I speak from some experience, but corrected the problem before I started the ironing.
If your wording looks like this, IT IS WRONG! Go back and re-do before you iron it on! It should look backwards if right side up and normal once you put the right side down. Its a little expensive to mess up with this paper, but much more time consuming if you've already ironed it on.

Next: Prance around with pride and joy that you've made something that looks quite professional, take pictures, post them in the forum for everyone to see.
Put grommets in the corners to hang it with and voila, you have a shop worthy sign for very little money.

<--- WHERE TO HANG IT!

I have my own little niche now at Gingerly Dressed which is a Boutique and Consignment Store here in my own little corner of the world. She carries several different local designers' items
and I am proud to be a part of her ever growing shop.

Some different angles of my cover ups and summer lounge set as displayed at Gingerly Dressed.

And a HAM!!! - here is my HAM who can't stand for a camera to be in use and her picture not to be included.

I am proud to show that Gingerly Dressed also has some of Mommy's Little Helper items in her stock.

Once again, a special thank you to Ginger and her lovely shop. If you are in the East Tennessee area and are looking for Gingerly Dressed you should look here:
Location:
In the Foothills Marketplace
355 Gill Street
Alcoa, TN
Hours: Tuesday - Saturday
10AM to 5PM

2 comments:

MayRae said...

What a fun little corner you have!

Liz said...

Wow - that looks great! How fun! I wish there was a store in my area that I could be a part of. You are in Eastern TN? I have family in the Nashville area and in Western NC so we are always driving through Eastern TN on our way back and forth. Are you close to Chattanooga or Knoxville?

Duck Tales Inflation Lesson

COPYRIGHT

Please note that all designs sold by Maddie & ME, Children's Handcrafted Couture AND Mommy's Little Helper, Bath & Body for the Soul are the intellectual property of the owner and are subject to all Copyright protections as provided by law.