Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Workroom - A Pictoral Blog!

So here it is, my workroom in all its glory. This is where it all happens, the clothes, the bath and body products, the pillows, and of course Bill, the Mome Rath is viewing his entire kingdom as High Emperor of the Maddie & ME Workroom. The old stair step measuring stick was my great grandmother's she used for tailoring pants - she was a professional seamstress. It still has in her handwriting "HANDS OFF!" She was evidently very possessive of this useful tool, I wonder if she minds me having it?

So, without further ado...


Picture of my workroom looking in and looking out to the computer. OK, so I cleaned the workroom not the living room. I need something to do tomorrow don't I?

Was someone complaining about too much fabric? This is only a small portion of what I have!

I DO like my organization! A place for everything and everything in its place... most of the time.

More fabric in the bins and looking across to my photographing station (next to the piano). Did you know that i do most of my photography after dark and have daylight bulbs in my ceiling fan? I use the photo editor a lot to brighten up the pics and keep the color accurate, but 95% is done after kiddo is in bed.

This is where I sit and rotate between the two main machines.

My two main machines, Pfaff and Singer Serger.
The Brother Machine in the background is a back up.

Anyone want to know when their nightgown order will ship? It's all here!

Mommy's Little Helper is all tucked away in here.

The hidden insides of MLH and here are the newest products waiting for testing; which is where I'm headed next.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Wow! I wish I had a set up like that. I used to, I miss it so! I'm reduced to a desk in the garage these days. It looks great, Kristina. And it cleaned up so nice. ;)

MayRae said...

What a nice space to be able to create. Organized and all :) Looks like you've been doing this a little while! Keep it up!

April said...

I am with Beth. I do everything on the dining room table. Looks like you have a great set up!! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! LOL - you and I defintely share a fabric/supply addiction, only you are a bit more organized, I've got totes stacked to the ceiling in my bedroom :P If there's an extra square inch than it needs to be filled with more supplies!I am almost scared of moving into a bigger house...Oh and I was glad to hear you have daylight bulbs, I was considering getting some myself and wasn't sure.

Maddie and Mommy said...

Thanks all - I hadn't realized how much of a mess it had become, but since the storm clean up I still had random items in there that didn't belong... DH came home and asked, why his Gerber Tool was out and I told him it was left over from the Craft Fair! It is back to clean and ready for more production! I LOVE working in a clean organized space.

Cutesie Clips said...

I LOVE an organized space! I thought I had a lot of craft stuff, but you've blown me away :) It was really fun seeing where you work - great job!

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Beautiful set up....I have a seperate room for creating and working.....it makes it easier to work!

I would love to have a seperated "studio"....we'll see..

Robin

Samara said...

I do reorganization via the web my site is under the name domicilehouse just add the dot com. You have a nice area to start with.

Duck Tales Inflation Lesson

COPYRIGHT

Please note that all designs sold by Maddie & ME, Children's Handcrafted Couture AND Mommy's Little Helper, Bath & Body for the Soul are the intellectual property of the owner and are subject to all Copyright protections as provided by law.